The components of a room-airconditioner are:
– is a hermitically sealed rotary compressor. It is the heart of the room air conditioner. It pumps refrigerant gas to different system components to effect the refrigeration cycle. It ranges from ½ horse power to 2 horse power. R-22
gas is commonly use in such an air conditioner. Newer environmentally friendly refrigerant gas is being introduced for the newer models.
– is made of serpentine copper tubes with aluminum fins, or aluminum tubes with aluminum fins. The heat from the refrigerant of the compressor is being dissipated into the atmosphere, and changes the gas refrigerant into liquid refrigerant.
– It filters the dirt and iron particles from the refrigerant. Some filter-Dryer have moisture absorbent materials like, Silica gel or synthetic silicates. It protects the compressor by restricting and filtering the impurities and moisture contents in the refrigerant.
– copper capillary tube is commonly used in window-type home air conditioners. Thermal expansion valves are used in split-type home air conditioners. Its function is to restrict, or meter the volume of hot liquid refrigerant from entering the evaporator. After the refrigerant is metered the pressure and temperature fall down to operational level.
– is a serpentine aluminum tubes with aluminum fins. Is absorbs the heat in the room and transfer it to the outside atmosphere. The low pressure liquid refrigerant turns to gas after absorbing the heat. Liquid refrigerant cannot be compressed; therefore it is necessary that only gas refrigerant enters the compressor.
– has two kinds of fan on both shaft ends. The fan on the condenser blows the air into the condenser coils; it cools the condenser and evaporates the condensate by its slinger ring. The fan on the evaporator side is a squirrel caged fan. It circulates room air for heat absorption.
When a room-airconditioner is not working properly, there is always a tell-tale sign. With enough knowledge on basic refrigeration, one can easily isolate the component that is defective. With some
on-hand, you can even save a lot of money by repairing it yourself.
Return from room-airconditioner to Air Conditioner
How can we better serve you?
Private PolicyAir-conditioning-and-refrigeration.com (the website) strives to maintain the highest standards of decency, fairness and integrity in all our operations. Likewise, we are dedicated to protecting our customers', consumers' and online visitors' privacy on ourwebsite.